For those who didn't know this product in earlier versions (the others please read on to have a summary of what's new), it is a rezzer. Therefore its job is to rez things on demand, namely when someone selects the menu. But there is of course a lot more to it.
First and unlike many competitors, the rezzer's configuration is driven by a configuration notecard. This means that you have no risk of losing your configuration if the scripts get accidentally or voluntarily reset. You have precise control over what (possibly multiple objects) should be rezzed, where and how. You can also display a picture of your object on the rezzer : photo, price, information...
In the configuration you can also organize your objects into categories, and set numerous options. Currently 41 "global" (ie excluding plugins) options exist. Some of them relate to the messages issued by the rezzer, so you can translate it in your language if you like1.
NEW FOR VERSION 4.0 : In addition to these options, you can also use plugins. Plugins are extra scripts designed to extend the functionnality of the rezzer without modifying (i.e. overloading) the main scripts. Plugin scripts have access to the configuration as it is read by the rezzer, and can either react to regular configuration clauses, or implement their own plugin options.
Two plugins are shipped with the rezzer :
- Timed Unrez 1.0 : automatically unrez your objects after some period of time. This is useful if your visitors tend to leave your store without unrezzing the objects. The time and messages can be adjusted by configuration options.
- Sound Player 1.0 : as the name suggests, this plugin will play a sound when rezzing an object (the sound can be a "default" sound or a specific one) or unrezzing an object. Volumes can be set independently too.
- Expect more soon ! A vendor plugin is already on the way...
If you ever need more features do not hesitate to contact me or to comment this post. I consider every request and will gladly implement any reasonable request in future versions !
Below is the full changelog of the scripts. Users of older versions, please contact me for upgrade policy.
- Version 4.0 (2011/11/25) : final 4.0 relase, finally !
Updated the documentation, made a box for the plugins, lifted up the textures.
- Version 4.0 beta 2 (2011/11/18) : Implemented plugins and their options.
Replaced the timed unrez script by a plugin version of the same script, taking a few options from the configuration.
Added safety measures so that a script never interprets one of its link_messages, thus effectively avoiding infinite loops. Some code optimizations.
Putting the rezzer to sleep or resetting it would not unrez previous objects. Fixed.
Added the Sound Player 1.0 plugin.
Updated and reorganized this documentation a bit. If no bug shows up, this will become the final 4.0 version.
- Version 4.0 beta 1 (2011/11/11) : Major rewrite and reorganization in an attempt to dramatically reduce the memory consumption and thus the risk of running into stack/heap collision errors. The old script was replaced by three cooperating and specialized scripts, allowing heavier configurations and some modularity to support future enhancements as partial replacement scripts.
Other changes include the fact that the localization and configuration are now read simultaneously, while still taking precedence into account, so that options in the configuration always override those in the localization, who themselves override the default values.
Some bugs were squished too.
- Version 3.2 (2011/5/14) : implemented timed unrez thanks to a new script. Documented the minimalistic link_message API.
Option rez_linkedrezzers now defaults to TRUE.
- Version 3.1 (2011/4/21) : implemented synchronization of multiple (linked) rezzers through option rez_linkedrezzers.
If the "Oggy's listener" script is found in the rezzers inventory, it is deactivated at initialization time. This prevents the rezzer from deleting itself when the sim restarts. New version of the listener script with one more check in this regard (no update required for old objects).
- Version 3.0 (2011/2/27) : removed the 10 meter limitation and 3-second penalty when unrezzing objects. Both these changes required the replacement of the old "Oggy's pin setter" by a new "Oggy's listener". Please update your objects ! (Sorry for inconvenience).
- Version 2.0 (2011/2/14) : Implemented compound objects.
- Version 1.4 (2011/2/2) : Implemented option menu_default. Replaced "rotation" by "orientation" in the documentation.
- Version 1.3 (2011/1/30) : Implemented relative positions. Should help if someday you move your whole store to a new location.
- Version 1.2 (2011/1/29) : Corrected a rather serious bug that caused the wrong avatar being listened to when selecting the menu, on some (rare) occasions.
- Version 1.1 (2010/12/21) : now the "instructions" admin button gives this instructions notecard and the Oggy's pin setter script, if it can be found in the inventory.
- Version 1.0 (2010/12/05) : initial version.
1If you do translate the rezzer, please do so in the localization notecard (see detailed instructions) and send it to me so i can make it available to everyone if you agree.