Specifically, using the unicode box or HUD, you can type ordinary text and get cool looking unicode characters as a result. Use it for a variety of purposes :
- Type "everyone gets to party at <insert club name here>" and get "€♥ℯґ¥øηℯ ℊℯ☂ṧ ☂ø ℘@ґ☂¥ @☂ <insert club name here> !"
- Ⓤⓢⓔ ⓒⓘⓡⓒⓛⓔⓓ ⓛⓔⓣⓣⓔⓡⓢ (and digits too)
- ¡ uʍop ǝpısdn ʇuɐʍ noʎ ʇxǝʇ ʎuɐ ǝʇıɹM
- Maкє уоцґ cнaт lоок cґazу aйd/оґ cооl
- Usᴇ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ-ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ Sᴍᴀʟʟ Cᴀᴘɪᴛᴀʟs ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴘʀᴏғɪʟᴇ
- Ｗｉｄｅ ｌｅｔｔｅｒｓ ｔｏ ｍａｋｅ ｙｏｕｒ ｗｏｒｄｓ ｃｌｅａｒｅｒ ：）
- Ḙṃḅḙḷḷḭṣḥ ẏṍṷṛ ṭḙẋṭ ẉḭṭḥ ḁ ṿḁṛḭḙṭẏ ṍḟ ḙḟḟḙḉṭṣ
This item comes bundled with 3 objects :
- An easy-to-use standalone HUD. Wear it and go !
- A rezzable unicode box, so that several people can use it, either through chat over a private channel or using the remote HUD,
- A remote HUD, to easily control the unicode box from a distance.
Numerous options are available, among which the channel number to use, the command mode (chat, link or both), user policy (who can use the box and who cannot), automatically use the name of the controlling avatar to emit chat...
The HUDs and the box are modifiable and copiable, but the scripts are only copiable. For the techies, full documentation is given on the format of the chat and link messages used to control the box, so that you can either design your own HUD or interface the box with your own objects.
I'll be happy to hear any remark or feature request : please drop me a notecard or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special thanks to Carisma Alex for helping me testing the whole thing and for the general ideas... ♥♥
The original unicode box artwork uses graphic works from liftarn and Patrick Hoesly released under a creative commons license.